Carr Lane Manufacturing Co. has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Control Inspector to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in St. Louis, MO. The Quality Inspector will perform tasks following established procedures, inspect and test raw material, in-process, purchased, outside processing, and finished items.
Carr Lane provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixtures and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products and is certified ISO 9001-2015.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of quality specifications, testing procedures and standards for raw material, outside processing, purchased, in-process and finished items for compliance to customer requirements, company specifications and procedures, and/or government regulation.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers and all departmental inspection and test equipment
- Enforce departmental procedures related to the care, control and monitoring of company inspection equipment, including sign out/in controls. Maintain appropriate records. Perform calibrations of employee gaging to current NIST standards.
- Read and interpret prints, routings and/or work orders. Follow established discipline and work instructions.
- Following established discipline and work instructions, perform certification of company and employee gages to externally certified gages. Maintain appropriate records.
- Prepare Material Rejection Reports in accordance with departmental procedure. Be capable of explaining conditions leading to rejection to the operator, team leads and/or company management.
- Inspect and/or test items in accordance with work orders, prints, specifications and/or quality plans according to standard departmental procedures and work instructions, recording results of same. Provide feedback to operators on inspection results.
- Assist new employees in the application of inspection and sampling techniques and process control procedures to ensure production of items meeting quality standards and specifications.
- Conduct research on product defects and customer complaints under the direction of the Quality Manager.
- High School graduate with some advanced training in a related area.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Quality Inspector in a machine metal working environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and easily change tasks as needed
- Experience with PC DMIS programming on a CMM or Vision System is a plus
- Experience with microhardness Vickers and Rockwell “C” scale hardness testing a plus.
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
- 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid.)
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance premiums
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays, vacation, birthday and sick days
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Carr Lane Manufacturing!