Carr Lane Manufacturing Co. has an excellent opportunity for a CNC Machinist to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in Austin, Texas.
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixturing and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri USA, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products and is certified ISO 9001-2015.
Responsible for the set up and operation of computer numeric controlled production equipment. Responsible for minor programming standard concepts, practices, and procedures within their assigned department. Relies on modifications to ensure that productivity and quality goals are achieved. Works with others to ensure that production schedules are met. Familiar with experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Ensure that machines are producing quality products by performing in process inspection on machine output
• Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum productivity and adherence to production schedule
• Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
• Set up machines to run parts per print
• Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
• Maintain and clean machines before or after each shift
• Ability to read a production drawing and determine dimensions and tolerances
• Strong preference given to CNC Horizontal Mill experience
• Proficiency in basic math, and use of a calculator
• Ability to use a micrometer, caliper, and scale
• Ability to read, interpret and modify CNC programs
• Technical degree in area of specialty or 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Good time management skills
• Technical degree in area of specialty or 2 – 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Working knowledge of the English language preferred
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
• 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid Single coverage health premium.)
• Voluntary dental and vision plans
• Employer paid life insurance premiums
• 401k & Profit Sharing
• Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Days
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Carr Lane Manufacturing!