Tubing pieces should be prepared for installation by following these steps:
1) Cut tubing to length with a Tubing Cutter, CLR-100-TL, or hacksaw.
2) File or sand tube end square.
3) Deburr both O.D. and I.D., preferably with a Deburring Tool, CLR-200-TL.
4) Clean with solvent to remove chips, dirt, and rust-preventative coating.
5) Blow clean with a shop air line.
6) If using 37°-flare fittings, flare tubing with a Flaring Tool, CLR-300-TL. Note: a Tube End fitting, consisting of a nut and sleeve, must be placed on each tube end before flaring is completed.
7) Bend as required, preferably with a Tubing Bender, CLR-400-TL.