Carr Lane Manufacturing Co. has an excellent opportunity for a Heat Treat Operator to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in St. Louis, Missouri.
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixturing and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri USA, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products, and is certified ISO 9001-2015.
Controls heat treating furnaces, quenching equipment and chemical baths to alter physical and chemical properties of metal objects in accordance with work orders, drawings and production schedules to achieve desired hardness and surface finish. Additionally, this position will operate an automatic band saw.
- Read and understand production schedules and work orders to determine processing sequences, furnace temperatures, and heat cycle requirements for objects to be heat-treated
- Set-up, operate and monitor the heat and chemical concentration in furnaces and baths that harden, anneal, and heat-treat metal or finish metal
- Determine duration and temperatures for ovens and/or baths needed to attain specified part hardness or surface finish using charts or guides
- Additionally, this position will operate an automatic band saw.
- Ability to setup and operates metal-sawing machine
- Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
- Reads job order for specifications, such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- Measures work for conformance to specifications
- Heat Treat/Finishing operators should follow deadlines, work well independently or as part of a team.
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout shift
- Work in non-air conditioned environment
- Be able to stand for most of an eight (8) hour shift
- Excellent attendance record
- High School Graduate
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience
- Pass a drug and alcohol screening at any time
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
- 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid Single coverage health premium.)
- Voluntary dental and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance premiums
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays, birthday holiday, vacation, and sick days
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Carr Lane Manufacturing!