Carr Lane Manufacturing has an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in St. Louis, Missouri.
Carr Lane provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixtures and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products and is certified ISO 9001-2015.
The Buyer will perform direct materials purchasing of material and finished goods for the entire company according to defined scopes and specifications. Items purchased will include raw material, components, finished goods, supplies, and tools. The Buyer will report to the Purchasing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ Years of purchasing experience in an ERP/MRP system
- Experience with SyteLine ERP system preferred
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills required
- Strong communicator and analytical thinker
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel • Experience with SyteLine is a plus
- Cut and track Purchase Orders from creation to delivery; expediting as necessary
- Analyze historical usage and forecast, identify potential planning opportunities
- Monitor conformance of purchase order requirements by suppliers, manage rejected and non-conforming items as needed
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (production, engineering, customer service, etc.) and suppliers clearly and professionally
- Identify and vet potential new suppliers, negotiate pricing and terms upon management approval
- Scorecard suppliers based on key performance indicators
- Update system data including lead time, pricing, etc. with precision
- Other duties as assigned • Must have a friendly, upbeat personality and a desire to please customers
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
• 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid Single coverage health premium.)
• Voluntary dental and vision plans
• Employer paid life insurance premiums
• 401k & Profit Sharing
• Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Days
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Carr Lane Manufacturing!