Carr Lane Manufacturing has an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in St. Louis, Missouri. This entry level position helps develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods as directed. Reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Carr Lane provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixtures and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products and is certified ISO 9001-2015.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, machining, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Designs and manages build of fixtures and other equipment from concept to completion.
- Work with Product Engineers, Shop Floor Personnel, and Quality Department to assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelor of Science - Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, OR working toward a degree. CAD-Solidworks, Familiar with CNC Machining, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, and Presenting Technical Information. Proficient in MS Office and CAD/CAM-GibbsCAM is a plus. Strong communication skills and ability to lead and supervise projects and tasks.
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
• 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid Single coverage health premium.)
• Voluntary dental and vision plans
• Employer paid life insurance premiums
• 401k & Profit Sharing
• Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Days
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Carr Lane Manufacturing!